Puerto Aventuras at a glance
The warm and friendly Puerto Aventuras is a small community found perched on the Mexican coastline. Boasting quiet beaches that are sprinkled with soft, white sands, the area is popular with families and couples, as it gives them the chance to enjoy a peaceful break. The sea lapping at the bay is calm, and there are plenty of water sports offered if you want some entertainment. The area’s attractions give you the chance to enjoy something a little different whilst on holiday to Puerto Aventuras, whether it’s swimming with dolphins or catching your own fish supper.
Nearby places to visit
A peaceful holiday to Puerto Aventuras provides a great base for exploring the coast of Mexico, and there are some nearby hotspots if you want to enjoy a day somewhere livelier.
- The ancient Tulum is one of the earliest resorts in the country and is home to some spectacular ancient sights. Here you can visit archaeological sites, striking natural cenotes and a vast nature reserve.
- The bustling Playa del Carmen is one of the stylish cities of the Yucatan Peninsula, with bright beaches, vibrant restaurants, cosmopolitan bars and a lively nightlife of clubs.
Top 5 Attractions in Puerto Aventuras
This stunning coastal community offers some unforgettable experiences that will make your Puerto Aventuras holiday memories last forever.
- Puerto Aventuras’ beach is a beautiful, peaceful stretch of sands, so it is the ideal choice for families and couples who want to enjoy a laid back area to relax on. The beach offers a choice of water sports, which range from snorkeling and scuba diving, to sailing and fishing.
- There are around 25 dive sites within a ten minute boat ride of Puerto Aventuras, so it’s the perfect place to enjoy scuba diving and snorkeling. Underwater corals offer a rich landscape of colourful residents that you will be in awe of.
- You can experience a once in a lifetime encounter with Dolphin Discovery, who offer a range of activities based around interaction with these beautiful sea creatures. There is also the chance to swim with the sea lions and manatees that live at the centre.
- The Museo Sub-Acuatico CEDAM is a captivating museum filled with ancient artifacts and archaeological findings that were discovered underwater. The museum also exhibits historical diving equipment and some striking photographs.
- On your holiday to Puerto Aventuras, take a sport fishing trip from Captain Rick’s Sportfishing Center, which offers an array of group and individual excursions that will take you out onto the ocean. Catches include tuna, barracuda and dorado.
Book with confidence on lastminute.com
When you make the choice to book your Puerto Aventuras holiday with lastminute.com, you are choosing to deal with the experts in travel, who will help you make the most out of your stay. You can also look forward to your holiday safe in the knowledge that we are ABTA and ATOL protected.
- Escape to a peaceful retreat with a holiday in Puerto Aventuras.
- Take a look at our deals on Puerto Aventuras holidays, and enjoy a restful break somewhere special.