Venice Holiday Information
Venice sits amidst an ancient world of art, architecture, gastronomy and glorious sights, so it’s a magical place to visit for an eye opening city break. Whether you want to spend your stay indulging in fine foods, fine wines, or just strolling the winding streets and delving into the ancient days of the Romans, this is the ideal place to do it.
Which hotel is right for you?
From contemporary city centre apartments, to historical, elegant hotels, Venice is filled with places to stay that suit every type of visitor.
- Step inside the doors of a 16th century convent and you will enter the world of the Bauer Palladio Hotel and Spa, which welcomes its guests with luxury and opulence at every turn. Looking out over St Mark’s Square and the canal waters, the hotel is found on Giudecca island.
- The graceful PalazzinaG is found in the heart of Venice’s historical centre, just moments from the Canal Grande. This slick, modern hotel was designed by the famed Philip Starck, and
Top five attractions in Venice
Culture is brimming in Venice, and you can find it through its cuisine, architecture, museums, galleries, shops and historical sites.
- Considered one of the most impressive churches in the country, St Mark’s Basilica is a stunning construction, with domes and pillars that give it a majestic exterior. Wander inside and you will be in awe of the floor to ceiling mosaics, with a museum and a viewing deck found upstairs.
- One of the most captivating ways of exploring the city is by water, and with a network of canals weaving throughout the streets, it is both a convenient and beautiful way to travel. Take the vaporetto (water bus) along the length of the Grand Canal to see some exquisite city sights.
- Foodies will love a trip to the Rialto Market, which is filled with fresh food stalls, restaurants and little shops. Visit the market and you will also see Rialto Bridge, which dates back to the late 1500s.
- Doge’s Palace, also know as the Palazzo Ducale, is home to a captivating collection of museums, which showcase everything from golden gild ceilings and frescoes, to statues, paintings and friezes. It is here that you will see the famous Bridge of Sighs.
- Venice’s beautiful islands are worth visiting whilst in the city, and each can be reached via boat. Burano is filled with pretty streets that are lined with charming houses, and Murano is home to a glass museum, where you can watch some glass making.
Book with confidence on lastminute.com
If you decide to book your holiday to Venice with lastminute.com, not only can you make use of our expert advice and travel tips, but you can also choose each element of your trip to suit your needs. We are also fully protected.
- Step into history with a holiday in Venice.
- Catch a cheap city break with our fantastic deals on trips to Venice.