Cape Verde Islands at a Glance
If you’re looking for that perfect spot to spend your hard earned holiday time and combine adventure with a beach break, then a holiday to the Cape Verde Islands will tick all the right boxes. Situated 350 miles off the coast of West Africa, the arpeggio of ten islands look like what you expect to find on a post card- miles and miles of sandy beaches and crystal clear sea. Plus, you will be spoilt for choice for sights to see inland too, from volcanic terrain to historic villages.
Which Resort is Right for you?
On your holiday to the Cape Verde Islands, you’ll find that the different resorts all have different atmospheres depending on your holiday preferences.
Santa Maria is great for sand lovers as its prime location on Sal Island will offer you maximum beach time, whilst the cobbled streets in the town give a quirky mix of contemporary and traditional. It’s also a great place for watersports lovers who will enjoy the mix of surf and sail spots!
If you’re looking for some serious rejuvenation time with someone special, then a holiday to Boa Vista Island is for you, with its deserted stretches offering you an abundance of space to feel truly relaxed. There’s 50 km of stunning beaches here to kick back on away from the hustle and bustle of other holidaymakers.
Top 5 Attractions in Cape Verde Islands
The beauty of the Cape Verde Islands lies in their quirky mix of old and new, busy and deserted. On a holiday here, you really can choose to be as active as you like, whether it is trying new sports in the water or simply relaxing with a great book on one of the many beaches - the choice is yours.
- Maio Island is a must see to discover Mount Fogo. It’s easy to reach by boat from both Sal and Boa Vista Islands and it’s here where you’ll be able learn about its single volcanic peak with hardened lava trails.
- When the night falls, you’ll be able to take great excursions to loggerhead turtle nesting sites to learn about this endangered species.
- If you’re interested in learning a new sport, Sal Island is the best place to learn how to surf, windsurf, scuba dive or sail.
- Take a boat to Santo Antao for great walks up rocky terrain that stretches higher than the clouds, or through lush leafy green fertile valleys.
- Visitors to the largest island, Santiago will love the traditional African market and mix of historical sites.
Book with Confidence on lastminute.com
When you book your trip to the Cape Verde Islands, you can book in confidence with lastminute.com, with fully protection and a dedication to ensuring you have an unforgettable holiday.
Discover the range of great hotels to treat someone special, or start planning the family holiday of a lifetime.
- Pack your kit and hit the water- surfers, sailors, divers and windsurfers will love the sure waves and consistent winds, as well as diverse mix of marine life.
- Check for special offers on holidays to the Cape Verde Islands.