Often said to be one of the best cities in the world to live in, Vancouver in Canada definitely comes up trumps when it comes to entertaining its visitors. A huge city nestled amid the Pacific Ocean and the Coast Mountains; it is the ideal destination for everyone from outdoorsy types to city slickers. Whether you take it easy on the beaches and in the cafes of Stanley Park, or you wish to head off in search of entertainment in the city centre, you will certainly be happy to be exploring this city.
Which Hotel is Right for you?
From hotels snuggled in the countryside to central bases that will see you at the heart of the city, you can find your perfect hotel in Vancouver with lastminute.com.
- Boasting views across the Northshore Mountains, the Westin Bayshore is a peaceful port in the bustling storm of the city centre. Settled on the harbour, the hotel offers an abundance of leisure activities and has a spa should you wish to take some time to unwind.
- The Burrard is a unique a quirky hotel set around a pretty courtyard in the heart of downtown Vancouver. This retro yet elegant motel style residence offers stylish and chic interiors, whilst still staying true to its 1950s beginnings.
Top 5 Attractions in Vancouver
From the stretching countryside surrounds to the downtown galleries and museums, Vancouver boasts a huge wealth of attractions that will appeal to even the most seasoned traveller.
- Prepare for phenomenal views as you cross the Capilano Suspension Bridge, a swaying structure that stretches across 137 metres. Sitting 70 metres above a canyon, it is certainly an interesting place to take a stroll.
- Animal lovers will be in their element at the Vancouver Aquarium, which is home to over 70 thousand watery creatures. Visitors are entertained by whale, sea otter and dolphin shows, and there are also hands on experiences available.
- Stanley Park is the city’s much loved park, covered with towering forest trees and bordered by sandy bays. One of the most magical ways to explore the park is to take a horse drawn carriage tour across it.
- At the Harbour Centre sits the Vancouver Lookout, which soars above the skyline some 130 metres high. The view from its top is magical, and the perfect way to take in the beauty of this unique city.
- Captivating experiences await at Science World, where you will find hands on displays, interactive exhibits and enthralling demonstrations. The museum is found in an interesting futuristic dome building, where the OMNIMAX Theatre shows some impressive films.
Book with Confidence on lastminute.com
When you choose to book your holiday to Vancouver with lastminute.com, you are booking with the travel experts, so you can guarantee to make the most out of your stay. You also book safe in the knowledge that we are fully protected.
- Experience a unique city with a holiday in Vancouver.
- Take a look at our great deals on Vancouver holidays.