Regarded as the shimmering jewel of the glistening French Canadian crown, Quebec is a city like no other. Those stepping into the city for the first time will feel as though they have travelled far from North America. You will notice its charming European feel, with intricate ancient buildings huddled across its old town of winding streets and cobbled roads. Over the summer the city streets are alive with festivities and in the winter you can visit the carnival, set against a stunning backdrop of snow topped sweeping landscapes.
Which Hotel is Right for you?
Quebec is home to some inspired and beautiful places to stay, whether you wish to explore the city sights or just relax in the lap of luxury.
- One of the city’s most impressive hotels is the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac. Set in a grand building overlooking the St. Lawrence River, this historical, elegant hotel will make you feel as though you have stepped back in time.
- Sitting on the outskirts of the city is the Clarion Hotel Quebec, a charming and inviting place to stay. With an indoor swimming pool, spa and a health club, it is the ideal place for rest and relaxation.
Top 5 Attractions in Quebec
Many see Quebec as one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Home to ancient city sights and alluring countryside attractions, it certainly has enough to keep every kind of visitor entertained.
- Many come to visit the Sainte Anne de Beaupre Shrine in hope of their own little miracle. This place of worship has been visited for the past 350 years, and has beautiful features such as stained glass windows and ancient works of art.
- Chateau Frontenac is one of the most iconic hotels on the globe. This stunning ancient building is a must see for any architecture fan. Around the hotel you will find street performers, horse drawn carriages and artists that all add to its experience of old world charm.
- The breathtaking water falls at the Montmorency Falls Park are worth heading out of the city to see. Soaring over 80 metres into the sky, these falls are a striking sight. You can take a gondola ride or walk across the top of the falls for some unforgettable views.
- You can catch the quieter side of the city in any one of its 22 provincial parks and green spaces. Each one offers its own charming landscape where you can relax and enjoy some peace.
- Art lovers will be impressed by the collection on display at the Musee National des Beaux Arts du Quebec. The museum showcases work ranging from the early French colonial era to modern work from the past century.
Book with Confidence on lastminute.com
If you decide to reserve your holiday to Quebec through lastminute.com, you have the freedom to choose each element of your holiday to suit you. We are also fully protected.
- Soak up some ancient culture with a holiday in Quebec.
- Visit one of the world’s most beautiful cities and take a look at our deals on Quebec holidays.