Australia has long been a popular holiday destination due to its diversity, which includes beaches, coral reefs, cosmopolitan cities, deserts, forests and mountains. This huge country offers a mass of opportunities to get involved in.
What’s Australia got to offer?
70% of Australians live in ten of the largest towns and most of these are on the coast. Whatever it is that you are looking for, Australia will probably have it. Australia’s main towns all have plenty of entertainment that includes galleries, great coffee shops, live bands, music festivals and delicious restaurants. Sydney is a great combination of an urban, modern and glamorous city and beautiful beaches. Melbourne is awash with arts culture and Australian Rules football. Brisbane is an up and coming subtropical town. Perth is the capital and the largest city in Western Australia, with beautiful beaches and easy-going, optimistic locals. Canberra is where politics are central.
Australia’s top 5 attractions:
- Kakadu National Park is a surprising oasis of wildlife and ancient culture. Kakadu is the largest national ark in Australia.
- Broome attracts lots of artists due to its great light and amber sunsets. This beautiful spot is where the desert blends into the sea.
- Sydney is Australia’s glamorous, harbour city with an abundance of cosmopolitan restaurants, bars and clubs to enjoy. In addition there are plenty of beautiful beaches to explore.
- Uluru (Ayers Rock) is Australia’s most consecrated rock.
- The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s biggest coral reef system. It’s made up of fewer than 3000 reefs, 900 islands that straddle over 2,600 kilometres - an area that’s roughly 344,400.
Book with confidence on lastminute.com:
The vast and amazing land of Australia is a fantastic place to visit. Boasting beautiful sandy beaches, forests, mountains and lively cities Australia has it all. Head down under to experience the laid back charm, great weather and rich cultural heritage.
In addition this beautiful land combines its breathtaking natural beauty with impressive and innovative architecture. Attractions include Ayers Rock, The Great Barrier Reef and Sydney Opera House. From its wild wilderness to its beautiful beaches Australia has a lot to offer. For an unforgettable trip Australia is the perfect spot.